Monday, July 19, 2010

On Silences, Radio Or Otherwise...

Well, between flakey internet and 100 degree weather precious little has been happening in the way of communication. I'm just too... lazy. Yep. Pathetic, I know. Doing my best to fight the heat, but holy cow this is so not my cup of tea. :\

Ahem. May I placate you with photos of our 4th of July getaway to OKC?

We really didn't want to waste the long weekend, so we drove up north, grabbed a hotel room (lovely military discount - thank you, Uncle Sam!), and ventured into the city early Saturday morning. Sort of like a mini honeymoon, complete with a super accommodating and elegantly clad husband.


I did my best not to embarrass him. :)


Oh, and I took far too many photos. Check it out: skyscrapers! (and awkward Ansil :)


Aww, isn't he cute? A tad sleepy still, yes. I'm a bit of an early bird and even with sleeping in got us there by 9am. Definitely had the city to ourselves. Awesome.


Some random guy even called us "A Beautiful Couple". Apparently, "no one holds hands anymore." How dreadfully sad. :(


I managed to find the library in under 5 minutes. Mad skilz. ;)


And Ansil found a random buffalo (turns out they're all over the city - kinda like all the painted pandas in DC a few years back).


"Listen, honey, there's no way on earth you're gonna get me to pose with this thing."


"Yes, dear." (See? He's learning. ;)


Not to be outdone, Ansil attempted to rival my rampant photographic genius.


I ever so love this shot. My goodness, I married a handsome man! :)


Oh yes, we are so mature.


More skyscrapers...


and epic water creations...


Whew! And oh look, that's why the place is so deserted. Here comes the rain!


And what do you do with rain? Why, dance, of course!

Not to be deterred, we continued our explorations.


There goes my love! (What? We're married. I'm allowed to be mushy. :)


Hey, cutie. ;)


Luckily, my camera is actually waterproof - as in underwater photography, etc. etc. So it may be ancient and take very poor quality shots, but hey, at least I didn't have to worry.


Isn't that beautiful? Ansil requested the shot.


Seriously cool backdrop. :)


And there I am: slightly damp, but happy. :)


Hmm... That's what happens when you give Ansil the camera...


The Kiss
(hehehe)


We ducked under an overhang to avoid a particularly aggressive downpour and were met by this oddity... and its description...


Umm... Oklahoma is so weird. (And that "underground" literally covers about 2 or 3 blocks of the city in its entirety. Mostly pointless. Huh.)


Yep. Like I said. Very strange.


We passed the time by posing moodily. (Ansil does this very well.)


I... tried.


And failed. So much for 'moody seductress'. :)


Classic rain scene.


We got incredibly drenched at one point.


So I amused myself with more photos. See Ansil's fancy new watch? It was a wedding gift from Uncle Jaime. Pretty nifty. :)


Aww he makes my heart cozy. :)


We rain into a parking garage for cover and found a skywalk. Whew! Very air-conditioned = very very cold when you're drenched to the skin.


But then the rain abated just enough to let us find Bricktown and the baseball stadium (and a very lovely little sports bar that served fantastic avocado burgers and let me ring out my soggy hair in their restroom).


The thing had Ansil enthralled.


I mean very enthralled.


We never did figure out the point of it. Hmm.


There's a quaint little canal and brick walkway (undoubtedly a huge tourist spot in more clement weather).


That struck me as a bit odd, but then it is Oklahoma after all...


Aww look: it's soggy Danielle on a bridge. :)


Ooo la la! A close up!


I loved the mural.


I think Ansil was getting just about funned-out. (Soggy socks will do that to a man.)


So we took one last photo...


and went back to our lovely dry hotel room. Isn't it pretty?

3 comments:

  1. Aw... :) thanks for the descriptive photo-journalism, Danielle! Looks like you guys had a blast. I swear (as I was telling a friend, once again, this morning) I've never met a happier couple. SO glad you got photos! That last one of you is especially gorgeous :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) Yep, well... It sure took me long enough to get these up, but I'm ever so glad that I did. Life is grand and a blast to share with everyone.

    And truly, I've never been happier in my life. Yay marriage! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see you two having a good time. Larry and I explored San Fran's Chinatown like that in the late 70s. Everything was interesting! I really like the Ansil and buffalo shots, and one of you on the stairs. And good for you for getting them all posted!

    ReplyDelete